Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Scene from "Notting Hill" is rad...


Ok, don't laugh at me, or lose respect. I call it like I see it despite what pretentious film snobs say. so open your mind a sec and look at this scene from Notting Hill. It's well shot, well timed, fg and bg used well, also very emotional, and effective for the story. I'm actually a big Hugh Grant fan, as well as a sucker for cheezy chic flicks. The passage of time is always a fun thing to deal with in a film, my favorite part of this clip isn't necessarily the technical part of the changing seasons, but the sense that the characters are moving in time (ie, the pregnant lady in the start is with a new born at the end, and the couple in the start are breaking up at the end) also, you just gotta love that Bill Withers song, a classic.