Thursday, June 5, 2008

Drawing digital vs. a REAL drawing....

I've been doing a lot of sketching in flash, usually when i'm on a conference call and people want to see designs immediately, or just when i don't want to be bothered with scanning pencils. BUT... I really believe that it is quite different, and TOTALLY not as good in terms of emotional connection and tangibility, in the context of something that is real vs. something that doesn't truly exist. While I was drawing yesterday in flash, in preparation for this blog entry, the program quit out and I lost a very good drawing. Con #1 for flash, IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST. don't forget that. I posted a model sheet for a project i'm doing for sesame street (well, not the gun drawing, that was just for fun). the drawing above was drawn with a cintiq in flash, the one below is scanned from paper(ingram bond, HB lead)... what differences can you see?