Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MTV ID's from the 90's

If you read this blog, you've probably read that i got my start with an MTV ID commission, here's some others that were produced at roughly the same time.. some of my favorites. I'm currently working on getting together as many as i can get a hold of, i want to make a full res festival program out of it, some are really tough to track down. i've talked to a lot of the animators, I'll update this as they come in.



This one above is by the jail-bird Steve Dovas, it's a true classic that got tons of play.



This one above is my personal favorite, directed and animated by Dieter Mueller, *thanks danny



This one is by sir rockness, Danny Antonucci, inspired by his short film "Lupo the Butcher".



This next one above is by Olivia Ward and Miguel Martinez-Joffre, it came out the same week as my own ID. It won a BDA gold, beating me out, i won the bronze that year. Stay tuned, I'll keep posting as I get them.