Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Patrick Smith Master Class in Singapore..

I'm off to Singapore next week to teach a ten session master class through NYU, Tisch Asia. It will be nice to be back in Southeast Asia, an area which I've spent a lot of time traveling a decade ago. This will be an exciting class for me because it's the first time I've instructed entirely using Flash, a program that I've always had mixed feelings about. But it will allow students to perform lessons while in the classroom, as well as allowing me to demonstrate the principles I'm discussing as we go. Unfortunately the students will not be able to take advantage of the texture and soul of a pencil line, I can only hope they take the lessons and work on paper after the seminar is completed. If you happen to be in Singapore at the end of this month, drop me an email and we'll go get some fish head curry!